Lesson Notes / Scheme of work
ENGLISH LANGUAGE JSS2 FIRST TERM TOPICS LESSON PLAN AND SCHEME OF WORK (WEEK 3)
Reading for meanings of words in various context through
Clues provided by surrounding words.
– Teacher leads students to read selected passages and use surrounding words/ sentences to explain meaning of targets words – Teacher explains that sounds of some words can signal meaning – Students use context to figure out the meaning of words
– Teaching/ learning resources:- course work, various passages etc.
Types of composition – Narrative
– Identify a narrative composition
– Steps in composition writing
Teacher leads students to identify elements of narrative composition writing
use selected topics to illustrate narrative composition Students to write a narrative essay.
Listening and Speaking.
Vowel sounds: – /i/ and /i:/ identify contrast in sounds identify words containing sounds in the beginning, middle and end of word e.g.
/i/:- sit, sip giggle.
– Teacher guides students produce sounds in context and in isolation.
– Students to identify contrast in the two vowel sounds
– Learning resources:- flash cards and charts.
Identification of adjectives from given passage – gender issues
Identify features of adjectives
Identify functions of adjective eg quality noun/ pronoun
Make sentences with adjectives.
-Teacher leads students to identify functions / features of adjectives
-Students make sentences with adjectives
-Students identify adjectives in given sentences
-Teaching / learning resources- use charts, sentence strips
Folktale:- Nigerian and African folktales.
Identify features:- didactic, entertaining, magical, riddles etc
– Teacher narrates Nigerian and African folktales to students
– Teacher lead them to identify features
– Students dramatize folk tales Students to identify moral lessons.
– Teaching/ learning resources:- relevant literature and supplementary literature.etc.