Lesson Notes / Scheme of work
ENGLISH LANGUAGE JSS2 FIRST TERM TOPICS LESSON PLAN AND SCHEME OF WORK(WEEK 8)
Reading: critical reading steps
Meaning of :
iii) line by line reading
iv) recall and
– line by line reading : slow and more concentrated reading of passage in sections and paragraphs
– recall: going over what has been read and retained
– review: going over prevision steps
– Teacher guides the students in using steps to identify facts and opinions in selected passages.
– Teacher gives additional exercises for practice
– Students practice how to identify facts and opinions in given passages.
Learning resources: selected passages.
Writing: formal letter
Format of formal letters Situations used
Listening and speaking : consonant/ѳ/ and /϶/
Teacher guide students to discuss format of formal letters and situations used.
Students write a formal letter.
Words containing sounds e.g.
/ѳ/ thief, through, thin
/϶/ the , there, therefore Produce sounds in context and in isolation
Teacher guides students to produce sound in context and in isolation.
Students give other words containing sound
Learning resources: Recorded materials, flash cards.
Grammar/ structure: adverbs
Identify adverb in selected passages
List functions and features of adverbs.
Make sentences with adverbs.
Teacher leads students to identify adverbs in selected passages
Teacher and students state features of adverbs e.g. time, place, degree etc.
Students make sentences with adverbs learning resources: charts, various passages.
Read selected passage or text
Discuss features: plot, characterization, theme, language.
Teacher guides students in discussing feature of text read. Student identify moral of story Learning resources: story books.