Lesson Notes / Scheme of work
BASIC SCIENCE PRIMARY FIVE FIRST TERM QUESTIONS
1. A cell has two terminals, these are ————–
(a) East and west.
(b) North and south.
(c) Positive and negative.
(d) North and west.
(e) South and east.
2. In what form is excess water in human being excreted?
(e) None of the above.
3. Which of the following is not a machine?
4. Any device used in making work easier is called ————-
5. What is the chemical symbol for “WATER”?
6. A piece of metal that can attract other metal to itself is known as a —————
7. Which of the following animals does not produce their young ones alive?
8. Which of the following is true about air?
(a) It has weight
(b) It exerts pressure
(c) It support burning
(d) It occupies space
(e) All of the above.
9. Which of this substance can be attracted by a magnet?
(d) Iron filing
10. Which of these instruments would you use for measuring the weight of a body?
(a) Spring balance
(b) Chemical balance
(e) Memo meter
(c) Coconut oil
(d) Red palm oil
12. People who make palm wine from palm tree are known as ———–
(e) All of the above
13. The native vehicle with which people go to sea is ———–
14. A scientist who studies the star is called?
(c) Star gazer
(d) Fortune teller
15. What is the name given to the bony frame work in the human body?
16. What is the name of the bony structure which contains the brain of an animal?
17. How long does pregnancy take in human being?
(a) 12 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 9 months
(d) 8 months
(e) 10 months
18. What is the term used for the type of movement in which an organism moves from one place to another?
19. What structure is used for locomotion in human being?
20. Which of the following is not an excretory product?
(a) Carbon dioxide