BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST) JSS2 THIRD TERM LESSON PLAN
UNIT OF STORAGE IN COMPUTER
1.Unit of storage i.Nible
ii.Byte iii.Kilobyte iv.Megabyte iv.Gigabyte
2. Conversion from one unit to another 3.Differentiate between the unit of storage.
-Teacher leads students to convert from one unit to another. -Guides students to state the unit of storage and their values.
PLANE FIGURE (I)
1.Definition of plane figures 2.Identification of plane figures 3.Types of plane figure
4. Examples of plane figures.
-Explain the term plane figure –Name and illustrate the different plane figures
-Draw the plane figures.
PLANE FIGURE (II)
1.Constructions of regular plane figures eg (Triangles and rectangles of equal areas)
2. Construction of polygons.
-Guides student to construct regular plane figure. -Demonstrate
WORK ENERGY AND POWER(II)
1.Use material eg. Ball, a stone for activity on the potential kinetic energy. 2. Lead student to illustrate potentials of kinetic energy.
3. Initiates and leads discussion to show that energy transfer occur when work is done.
Teacher: Leads the students to solve some examples. Students: Study and practice solving problems.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS WEEK FOUR FULL LESSON PLAN
WORK ENERGY AND POWER(III)
1. Calculations involving energy i.e. energy transfer when work is done.
2. More calculations on energy transfer should be done.
Teacher: Leads students to solve some example.
Student: Study and practice solving problems.
MATERIALS AND THEIR COMMON USES
1. Wood, furniture, building construction.
2.Handling of implements 3. Metals.
Teacher: Display ceramics and rubber.
Student: Examines articles made of wood, ceramics, metal e.t.c
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS WEEK SIX FULL LESSON PLAN
i. Definition of circle
ii. Part of circle e.g. diameter, radius, chord, sector e.t.c.
Teacher: Demonstrate the construction of tangent and normal to a circle
Students: Construct a tangent and normal to a given circle.
GEOMETRIC CONSTRUCTION (I)
1. Circle drawing: uses of set squares, Tee squares and compasses to divide a circle into 4, 8, and 12 equal parts.
2. Construction of tangent and normal circle, tangent at a point „o‟ the circle, tangent from a point outside the circle and to one or two equal circles.
Teacher: Names, defines, describe and draw the parts of a circle.
Students: Watch teacher‟s demonstration.
Meaning of graphic packages 2.Examples of graphic packages, paint, coral draw, instant artist e.t.c
3. Features: Tool bar, menu bar, printable area, color palette etc. (Practical activities for graphic packages.
Teacher: Explains graphic packages
Student: Listen to teachers‟ explanation.
1.The paint: Paint environment, paint tools and their functions (Practical‟s)
Teacher: Explains the functions of the various tools.
Students: Draw and color simple objects using paint package.
BELT AND CHAIN
1.Definition of belt and chain drives 2. Examples of belt and chain drives 3. Application of belt and chain drives
4. Advantages and disadvantages of chain drives and belt.
Teacher: Moderate class discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of belt and chain drives.
Students: Prepare field trips report.