CARE OF THE COMPUTER AND CORRECT KEYBOARDING TECHNIQUES
- Care of the Computer
- Items Used for the Care of the Computer
- The Keyboard Rows
- Divisions of the Keyboard
Care of the Computer
The following are the ways to take care of the computer:
- Clean the visible parts of the computer to ensure there is no dust or particles that can enter the machine.
- Clean the disk drives.
- Shut down the computer properly after use to avoid damage to your system and loss of documents.
- Provide adequate electrical supply for the computer.
- Use the right furniture, both table and chair for maximum use of the machine.
- Do not bring food items near the computer.
- Do not touch the exposed part of the disk.
- Do not plug your computer to a line that has other high electricity consuming items like refrigerator, water heater, etc.
- Cover your computer system when not in use to prevent dust.
- Provide air conditioner for the computer.
- Consult a computer engineer in case of any fault.
Items Used for the Care of the Computer
The following are the items used to take care of the computer:
(iv) A piece of clean rag that is not wet
(v) Computer system cover.
(vi) Anti-virus software.
- Itemize 5 ways to care for the computer.
The Keyboard Rows
Keyboard rows are: Top row, Upper row, Home keys row and Nottem row.
- Top row:This row consist Arabic numerals from 1 to 0, hyphen and equal to keys. On the top of this numbers are signs; other characters may appear depending on the type of machine. These characters are depressed with the aid of the shift key.
- Upper Row:This row is also known as the second row. It contains the following alphabets: q, w, e, r, t, y, u, i, o, p. At the depression of the shift key, the capital letter of this character will be typed.
- Home Key Rows:This row consist of a, s, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, when you depress the shift key the capital letter will show on the typing sheet.
- Nottem Row:It is also known as the bottom row or the third row key. It consist of z, x, c, v, b, n, m, comma (,) and full stop (.) keys. When the shift key is depressed, these characters will appear in capital letters or upper case characters.
Divisions of the Keyboard
Keyboard is divided into two:
- The left hand side
- The right hand side.
The left hand is used to depress a, s, d, f and g on the home row, while the right hand is used to depress (;, l, k, j, h) on the same row.
- Mention the four keyboard rows.
- Explain the division of the keyboard.